Friday, February 12, 2010

My project for yesterday was to finish this scarf ....


The wool is handspun Merino/Alpaca/Silk in the Chocolate Covered Cherries colorway from Susan's Spinning Bunny.   The pattern is from Interweave Knits (Winter, 2004) called Pine Cone Scarf designed by Robin Melanson.  I think you can also buy it online at the Interweave Site  - at least I think I saw it there a while ago.

I actually changed the Old Shale pattern a bit, but the original is pretty easy and works up quickly.  A few years ago I made it in a natural handspun Shetland.  That one is getting a little shaggy.  So I can't wait to wear this one.

My project for today is to try and figure this blogger thingy out.   This is either too simple or I have been away from web site publishing too long for it to be intuitive.  I started writing html using Microsoft Word (yeah that was a few years ago).  

I am trying to figure out why the post time is set to 7am.  It is actually 10:20am.  I guess I'll keep looking around.
Tomorrow is our Lake Country Spinning and Fiber Artists Guild meeting.  It will be nice to get out and get together.  I love to spin away from home.  A few of our members will not be there because they are so busy with family things, but Bob and Patrick from Winderwood and Sue from the Critter Ranch are coming in for the meeting.  Bob is bringing the new "Knitting Traditions" book he just got in from Interweave - so that is my purchase for the day.

I am trying to stay in my budget.  That is difficult.

1 comment: