Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The days March on.....

My friend Cyn-d and I have been quilting on Mondays.  We took a trip down to Material Rewards last week for some background fabric for her work in progress.  We are both putting together our own versions of a Cottage Beauty quilt.  Hers is the nine block version (large wall hanging for her LR), mine will be only six and only a small wall hanging size..

These are some of her unfinished blocks pinned onto a design wall for placement.  They will be quite stunning when done.   I'll take some pictures of mine soon.  My colors are a little different.

I've also been taking a class on tatting on Saturday mornings.  I first learned to tat about 8 years ago but haven't been practising and I forgot a few things.  So, I signed up for the class and lo and behold when I walked in, the teacher, Sherry Townsend, is the same woman who taught the class I previously took.

Sherry is very talented and has a blog at http://celticdreamweave.blogspot.com where you can see her work.

Here is a picture of our class in progress  from Sherry's blogspot.  I'm the one in pink with my mouth open in awe ....

3 comments:

  1. So glad that you got back into tatting and that you are enjoying Sherry's class. YES she is a wonderful person and very patient teacher. She was patient with me when she was teaching me hontion bobbin lace. The only time I get to see her is I have to fly to NY for Hector Tat Days(which I hope you can go to) on two different occasions. I hope you can join some of the online tatting groups that I know Sherry has mentioned to you.
    I really like what you have on your blog. Lots of pretties!!! Nice to follow another fiber artist's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As an avid reader of tatting blogs and a tatter myself, please accept my congratulations on getting back into tatting! Sherry is just wonderful, isn't she?

    You have a very engaging blog and I will be visiting again soon to see what fabulous fibery projects you are working on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 8 years ago! Now you must come and join us tatters, we are a very interesting group. Just take a look at my blog and see how tatting can be done.....not just boring edgings! LOL

    ReplyDelete