Sunday, March 7, 2010

... and it only took me all afternoon!

My granddaughter is now seven.  When she was born, her mom asked me if I would tat the lace for the trim on her christening gown -  I took a deep breath and wondered (being new to tatting then) how long it would take me and could I do it in time.  I said yes and decided to do a foot a night until it was done.  Below is a sample of the lace.

Because they live about 600 miles from here & I live in upstate NY I wanted to be sure she liked what I did - so here is the sample I sent down. It is definitely beginner's lace, but it worked.  




I finished on time, and here is the picture of my beautiful granddaughter in her christening gown with the lace border on the hem.  

Now seven years or so later, I am starting all over again -  and here is a picture of the flower it took me all afternoon to do.  (After several emails to my instructor, Sherry Townsend - Celtic DreamWeaver, for help).  


What fun.  Hopefully, I will get better.  

    

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful that you completed a christening gown edging on time seven years ago when you were so new to tatting!

    I tatted off and on for many years without successfully completing a yard of edging. So your achievement screams success to me!

    Every time you pick up your shuttle you will conquer an obstacle, even if it sometimes takes you all afternoon.

    Keep tatting, you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete