Monday, April 26, 2010

Quilting, etc.


The new issue of Piecework Magazine has two tatting articles in it. One of them looks pretty simple (picture left), so I am going to start  it this afternoon at our Monday Afternoon Get-together with my creative friends (We are trying to decide on a name for our group).

Doesn't this look cool.
The shuttles came from Handy Hands.  I scanned the picture from the Piecework  May/June magazine.


Piecework has had some really interesting articles in it lately, so I've renewed my subscription so I don't have to drive all the way to Fairport (about 20 minutes from here) to get a copy at Borders.  I'll miss getting to Borders, though.

As promised here are pictures of two of the quilt blocks I've been working on.  In these, I was auditioning the turquoise color for the joining strips.   I now have all six of the blocks joined and they look pretty cool.  As soon as I can find a place to lay it out to take a picture of the whole thing, I'll post it.

  

My daughter, Jen,  is now a Certified All Breed Dog Groomer and she is working at  A Dog's Dream doggy day spa in Pittsford, NY.  I surprised her at work on Friday.  The dog's name is Rosie and she was Jen's first client.  It seems Rosie is used to having her picture taken because every time I pointed the camera at her, she looked right into it.  

  
Anyway,  Jen has always loved dogs and animals and I am sure she will do well.

No comments:

Post a Comment