Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Time flies .... I can't believe it's April

   

I have been practicing tatting and have two finished projects to show.  So far, I can only do rings and chains, so I have to look for easy patterns.  I don't think I've made too much of a mess of these.

The first is a heart from the Handy Hands site that I started at our meeting on Saturday ... we gab so much I didn't get far, but I chipped away at it and finished yesterday. I used Lizbeth "Tutti Fruiti" and really like the colors.

The other is Betsy Evans' Shamrock that she posted to the HBT site on 3/14 with no pictures.  So I followed the instructions and made it for my teacher, Sherry Townsend.  I gave to her on Saturday at our meeting.   The variegated thread is DMC and the solid is a Lizbeth sample Sherry started us out with for class.

We are now going to meet the first Saturday of every month at the Liberty Cottage store in Canandaigua. The store will soon be carrying tatting threads and accessories.  What fun!

2 comments:

  1. Yes all I do have the pretty and well done Shamrock from Sharon and I think Sharon did a beautiful job on her heart. I also love the colorway Tuti Friutie. So what is next Sharon....???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sherry. What is next is improving technique and consistency and a bookmark or two .....

    ReplyDelete