Monday, June 21, 2010

Vision Hyundai is AWESOME!


Now I can really take some Road Trips to farther knitting and fiber venues.  Here is my new (well almost new) Hyundai Tuscon.  I love it.  And the guys at Vision Hyundai in Canandaigua are the greatest.  Polite, honest, helpful ... what more can I say.  My sales person was Andy Weagley and one of the first things he said to me was that he was not a salesperson he was a "people person."   If you are looking for a new car and live near Canandaigua or in the Finger Lakes, I highly recommend this dealership.

Ron and I are taking our first trip in it with Andy this weekend to the Adirondacks.  It's his granddaughter Lila's first birthday party and we will be there.  Yea!  







Today is the first day of summer and my garden is looking really good.  I can't remember having such great roses so early.  Usually as soon as there is a blossom, the Japanese beetles move in.  So far this year no beetles - thank you.  We even have lots of vegetables on their way to good growth ... tomatoes, peas, beets, onions & beans are all up and hearty.  The weather has been beautiful this spring.  Hopefully it will continue through summer.

Ron created this garden "eagle" several years ago from old plow parts and a rake.  He is still standing strong.

Knitting Projects aplenty!
I love to knit in the summer and when I find a new project I have to get started.  I now have three lace shawls underway.  And, because I finally got the pattern, I started a Baby Surprise Jacket for Lila.  I am working it in a wool/alpaca blend in pink.  This one isn't handspun.   As soon as I finish this post, I am heading to my outdoor knitting space to make some headway.  My goal is to finish it by her birthday – maybe.  It will be close.

One of the shawls I am working is from handspun Finn/Silk that I made last summer.  It is pure white. I love this wool and so I love working the shawl.  The Finn/Silk came from Firefly Fields ( in Wisconsin) and I will be ordering more roving from them soon that I will dye.

This afternoon
On Monday afternoons the Cheshire Monday Afternoon Ladies' Group meets.  A few of us who love handwork get together to knit, quilt, sew or do whatever we want to work on.  We have tea and treats, laugh and work on projects. 


No comments:

Post a Comment