Thursday, July 8, 2010

Tour de Fleece 2010


Coinciding with the Tour de France, the spinning world's version – the Tour de Fleece – is the hot topic on Ravelry.  There are hundreds of Teams and thousands of participants.  The group has 2,796 members registered.  I am on Team  Spinning Bunny.

Daily prizes are given away to those who have posted pictures of their daily spinning.  Winners are chosen by a random number generator.  Yesterday there were 451 entries.

I've been spinning outside on the porch where it is still somewhat cool in the morning. I keep going as long as there is a breeze and until my hands get too sweaty to work the wool.  Then Andy and I come inside.  I am getting a lot done and finished.

I am also trying to get fiber ready for the show at The Company Store this Saturday.  I don't know how much wool yarn I will sell in 90 degree heat, but who knows.  I like to knit in the summer.  Maybe there are others out there, too.  And, I will have product to put into my Etsy shop.  That will be coming soon

No comments:

Post a Comment